Bookshare is an online repository of digital text. They have over 250,000 titles that are available in DAISY and Braille formats. Students approved to receive accessible format course materials as an accommodation can contact our Accessible Media Resource Center at email@example.com to learn more, or visit bookshare.org.
What are the benefits of using Bookshare?
- Instant download of available text
- No need to submit request forms to SDS, or show proof of purchase
- Hear and see highlighted words on the screen
- Read directly from an Internet browser
- Access to free text-to-speech software
Is Bookshare Right for Me?
Watch this short introduction video (also embedded below) to find out if Bookshare is right for you. Signing up for Bookshare is easy, and can be done by contacting Student Disability Services.