Who We Are
Student Disability Services (SDS) provides academic and/or environmental accommodations and services for qualified students with disabilities.
Student Disability Services:
- Establishes and disseminates criteria for disability services
- Meets with students to discuss access needs
- Receives and stores confidential disability documentation to support a student’s eligibility for disability services and accommodations
- Collaborates with faculty and staff regarding essential course and/or program requirements and appropriate reasonable accommodations
- Is a leader of diversity efforts on campus that promote disability equity and inclusion
Student Disability Services is a Cornell Health program within Student and Campus Life. Information shared with SDS is confidential. Your health care records with Cornell Health are NOT shared with SDS staff, and vice versa (unless you sign a release for specific records to be sent).
We recognize that Cornell University is located on the traditional homelands of the Gayogo̱hó꞉nǫ' (the Cayuga Nation). We acknowledge the painful history of Gayogo̱hó꞉nǫ' dispossession, and honor the ongoing connection of Gayogo̱hó꞉nǫ' people, past and present, to these lands and waters.