Students with disabilities enrich the diversity of Cornell’s community and we encourage students to self-identify with Student Disability Services (SDS). SDS offers confidential support to Cornell students.
Students who choose to self-identify only are not asked to provide disability documentation. Students requesting disability services and accommodations, whose access needs are not obvious, must submit current documentation that is appropriate for the disability. Student involvement is essential to the identification, and implementation, of appropriate and reasonable accommodations. We look forward to working with you to address your access needs.
Steps to Register with SDS
- Complete and submit the Disability Self-Disclosure and Request for Access Accommodations Form.
- Submit current and comprehensive disability documentation.
- Except in cases of obvious physical disabilities, documentation is required before accommodation will be provided.
- If documentation is insufficient to determine eligibility for disability services, we may request additional information.
- Call 607-254-4545 to make an appointment for an intake interview to discuss your specific needs.
The information gathered in this process is used to develop an access plan with you. The access plan can be modified throughout your Cornell career as your access needs change.
Students using academic accommodations are responsible for following the SDS procedures for using academic accommodations.
You have the right to seek answers to questions or concerns about academic modifications, possible discrimination, and campus accessibility. We encourage you to initially discuss concerns with your SDS counselor. Please also see our complaint resolution procedures for further ways to address concerns.
The Importance of Advance Notice
Reviewing documentation can take as much as a week at the beginning of the semester. Some accommodations, such as accessible formats and providing interpreters, can take up to 4-8 weeks to arrange. Advance notice will ensure that your accommodation requests are provided on a timely basis.