For Faculty & Staff
Faculty and staff serve a vital role in both implementing approved accommodations for students with disabilities and also proactively and thoughtfully planning with access in mind in order to create a more accessible and disability inclusive campus environment. SDS is here to be a resource for faculty and staff in their efforts to partner with us on improving access and inclusion at Cornell.
Resources for Teaching Students with Disabilities
- Accommodating Students with Disabilities (pdf)
- Accessibility Checklist for Faculty (pdf)
- Incorporating Universal Design into Instruction
- Sample Syllabus Statement
- Faculty Resource Guide (pdf) for teaching students with disabilities
- SDS Faculty Portal - view your students' accommodation letters online
- Frequently Asked Questions by Faculty Members about students with accommodations in their courses
- Cornell’s Accessibility Information website features excellent resources and suggestions for planning accessible events/meetings, finding sign language interpreting or captioning services for ensuring communication access with individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing, considerations when doing emergency evacuation planning, an accessibility map of campus, and much more.
- Equal Access Guide
Developed by the University of Washington's Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology Program
- Nondiscrimination in Higher Education: What is the Law?