Advanced Exam Accommodations

Graduate School Standardized Exams

If you have a documented disability and received academic accommodations while at Cornell as an undergraduate, you may be eligible to receive accommodations on examinations that are required by various advanced degree programs. Documentation requirements for these programs are quite stringent. Please check the website for the exam you expect to take. 

For examinations not listed here, visit the Cornell Career Services website for test dates and relevant websites of additional graduate entrance and professional exams.

Student Disability Services (SDS) can provide you with a letter to the testing agency that confirms your status as being registered with SDS, the accommodations that you were granted, and the period covered during which you used your accommodation. Contact your SDS counselor to request a letter.

Note about documentation and records:
For exam applications that include forms to be completed by Student Disability Services, Cornell SDS personnel will complete the form requesting accommodations only if our files contain the documentation required by the testing agency. SDS will maintain your records for six years after you leave the university and cannot provide any documentation or verification once we no longer have your records.

Many testing organizations require current documentation. If you need new documentation, plan accordingly. Psychoeducational testing could take 6-8 weeks or more to obtain. Other types of documentation may take less time.

If you're not sure if your documentation meets the requirements of the testing organization for the exam you want to take, talk to your SDS counselor to review your documentation together. Contact SDS at 607-254-4545 to ask questions or to schedule an appointment.