Sensory Disabilities

Printed form

Forms can be requested from SDS in print or an alternate format, if needed. Please contact our office and let us know.

Sensory disabilities include visual/sight disabilities and hearing disabilities.

If you have a sensory disability, please:

  • Have the appropriate health care provider send a letter stating the diagnosis, nature of impairment, severity, and any assistive devices you have been prescribed (i.e. hearing aids, cochlear implants)
  • Submit any relevant school records such as an IEP or 504 Accommodation Plan

If your sensory disability is related to another medical or physical disability, please have your provider also complete the Medical Documentation of a Physical or Chronic Medical Disability Form (pdf).

If you have a hearing disability, we ask that you also: