Housing Accommodations 

Eligibility for accessible housing is determined by:

  1. The impact of your disability as it pertains to residential housing and as reflected in supporting disability documentation.
  2. Available housing options.
  3. Your class year. On campus housing is guaranteed for first-year and rising sophomore students only (does not include transfer students). This guarantee is conditional upon meeting college and housing application deadlines.

Please note that you are not required to live on campus.

Requests for accessible housing that are submitted after our deadline will be considered if you meet the eligibility criteria. We cannot guarantee that a room will become available or that available rooms will meet your specific access needs.

Incoming Students

If you are an incoming undergraduate or graduate student and plan to live on campus:

  1. Submit by May 5: 
  2. Complete the Housing Application required by the Housing Office (available on the New Students website's "To Do List") by the stated deadline. 

Information from these forms will allow Student Disability Services (SDS) staff to determine appropriate eligibility and accessible housing options. For further information on the housing options and process, contact the Housing Office directly at 607-255-5368 or by email at housing@cornell.edu

Continuing Students

If you are a returning student who wishes to live on campus for the next academic year, you must apply to live on campus again through the Housing Office’s online application. If you are already registered with SDS and anticipate needing disability-related housing accommodations again, you must request this through your SDS counselor. If you are not already registered with SDS, you must complete the online Disability Self-Disclosure and Request for Access Accommodations Form.

To learn more about the on-campus housing application and disability accommodations request process, including important deadlines, please review our Housing Guide.

Reminder: Appropriate disability documentation must be on file with SDS before we will recommend an accessible housing placement to the Housing Office.