Procedures for Dietary Accommodations
- Review Managing Food Allergies and Intolerances for an overview of the actions you and the University would take.
- Register with Student Disability Services by completing a Disability Self-Disclosure and Request for Access Accommodations Form.
- Submit medical documentation that has been completed by an appropriate professional (not a family member) to verify your condition and specific dietary needs or restrictions.
- For non-allergy medical conditions that impact dietary needs: have your medical provider complete the Medical Documentation of a Physical, Medical, or Sensory Disability Form.
- For food allergy disabilities: use the Medical Documentation of Asthma, Environmental Allergy, or Food Allergy Disabilities Form.
- Documentation can either be uploaded in SDS Online Services using the link in the email you received after submitting the Disability Self-Disclosure Form, or it can be faxed to SDS at 607-255-1562.
- Complete the Food Allergy and Intolerance Notification Form (pdf) and submit it to SDS. There is a check box on this form where you can grant permission for the form to be shared with the Cornell Dining Dietician and Residential Programs Staff if desired (if residing in on-campus housing).
Upon determination of eligibility for SDS services and/or accommodations, you will be assigned an SDS counselor who will connect you with the Cornell Dining Dietician to discuss and plan for managing allergy/dietary restrictions.