COVID-19 Information and Accommodations
We’re Here for You
This is a challenging time for our whole community. If you have a disability or personal health concern, we're here to help. Our physical office location is currently closed, but SDS staff are working remotely and are all still able to meet with you by phone, Zoom, or Skype.
You can contact our office to schedule an appointment to discuss a need for accommodations even if you have not received a medical or mental health diagnosis or documentation of a diagnosis. You can meet with us if you have health- or disability-related concerns given the current pandemic. We would be happy to discuss options with you.
If You are Not Yet Registered with SDS
- If you have a COVID-related request, please see the process to request COVID-related accommodations.
- If you have a request not related to COVID, follow the steps to register with our office.
- If you have questions about that process, please email us and we can answer your questions or set up a time for you to have a discussion with one of our SDS Counselors.
Getting in Contact with your SDS Counselor
- You can email your counselor directly
- You can schedule a meeting with your counselor
- You can contact our main office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you get in touch with your counselor
Scheduling a Meeting
- You can schedule a meeting using our online calendar system (if you are already registered with our office).
- Contact our office at: email@example.com if you need assistance
- You can text us during office hours for quick assistance as well: 607-269-5245
After you schedule the meeting, we will follow up with you to arrange the best communication method (Zoom, Skype, phone, etc.) and/or to confirm details.
- You can request your letters through SDS Online Services and they will be emailed to you and your instructors.
- If you need additional accommodation(s) on your letters, please contact your SDS Counselor to discuss.
Laptops for Exams
- If you have permission to borrow SDS laptops for exams, you (or your instructor/course staff) can still reserve laptops using the Laptop Request Form.
- As our office location is closed, reserved laptops can be picked up and returned at specific university libraries. We will confirm those details with you after you complete the request form.
You can continue to use the equipment (e.g., Livescribe pen, FM system, digital recorder) while enrolled at Cornell.
Once you are done with it:
- You can bring it back to campus next term, or
- Ship it back to us (SDS can arrange to cover the shipping charges). We will email you instructions on how to return it when you let us know you’re done using it. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Accessible Format Course Materials
- If you have requested materials, we are working on it. If you have an urgent need, or are concerned you will not have something in time, please email email@example.com.
- If you need additional materials, please request in the same manner as usual.
- If you receive copies of class notes, you will be able to receive them in the same manner as before.
- If you have a need for copies of class notes, and are not currently receiving them, please contact your SDS Counselor.
- The CULift is still running. Cleaning procedures are in place and vehicles have a barrier between the driver and the rider. There is only one CULift user at a time per vehicle.
- TCAT is still running. Some bus routes have changed. Check the TCAT website for more information.
- Parking permits are still required for campus parking.
Help for Faculty
We have developed a guide for faculty for virtual instruction. We are here to help you with any student access concerns that you may have.
Ways to Contact Us
We are happy to answer other questions that you may have.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 607-254-4545 and leave a message. We will have someone call you back.
- Text us at: 607-269-5245
- Schedule a meeting
- Contact your SDS Counselor
We will respond during our business hours.