Skip to main content

more options


Campus Resources

Campus Disability Representatives

TTY/TTDs on Campus

Student Organizations

Campus Health Resources

Campus Financial Resources

Campus Learning Resources

Campus Library Resources

Physical Education and Recreational Services Resources

Information, Referral, Training and Technical Assistance for and about Persons with Disabilities

Campus Disability Service Representatives serve as a liaison between Student Disability Services (SDS) and the colleges and offices regarding disability issues. To access the list of campus disability representatives, visit

Location of TTYs/TDDs (Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf)
Cornell University Police, G2 Barton Hall 607-255-1113
Office of the Program on Employment and Disability 607-255-2891
Office of Workforce Diversity, Equity and Life Quality 607-255-7066

Student Groups

There is a complete list here:

Highlights include:

  • CUDA is an awareness and activism union of members of the Cornell community with and without disabilities. CUDA serves as a resource for students with concerns about disability issues on campus.
  • Cornell Minds Matter is Cornell's only student run mental health awareness and advocacy organization. It works to promote awareness of mental health issues on campus, reduce stigma associated with mental illnesses, and improve the overall emotional health of Cornell students. Cornell Minds Matter invites any student dealing with mental health concerns and anyone interested in mental health to partial in the organization.


  • Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) provides crisis intervention, brief counseling, outpatient psychiatric care, outreach, and referral services to Cornell University students. CAPS also offers consultation, education and prevention strategies to the University community. (

Cornell Health
Ho Plaza
Tel: 607 255-5155

  • Empathy, Assistance, and Referral Service (EARS) is a student organization that provides counseling, training, outreach and leadership development services, and is open to all members of the Cornell community. Free, confidential telephone and walk-in counseling is offered seven days a week during the academic year in the EARS room.

211 Willard Straight Hall
phone: 255-EARS (3277)

Cornell University’s Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment
No matter what your family's financial situation is, Cornell University provides a wide range of financing options to make education affordable. The Financial Aid staff will work closely with you and your family to put the cost of a Cornell education within your reach.

203 Day Hall
phone: 607-255-5145

The John S. Knight Institute for Writing in the Disciplines supports writing seminars and writing intensive courses in a broad spectrum of academic disciplines and at all levels of undergraduate education; it also engages in a variety of outreach activities. 

101 McGraw Hall

The Learning Strategies Center (LSC) is the central academic support unit for undergraduates at Cornell University. The LSC provides students with tutoring and supplemental courses in Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics and Physics. Assistance in improving general study skills is available through workshops, semester-long courses, individual consultations, and web site resources.

420 Computing & Communications Center

Mathematics Support Center (MSC)
Worried about math? Whether you are studying for a prelim or brushing up on forgotten algebra, the Math Support Center can relieve your math anxiety. Director Doug Alfors and all the trained tutors readily assist students who need math help at a variety of levels. The MSC offers help in two forms: Independent Study Capsules and Tutoring.

256 Malott Hall

Lynda Online Resources
Cornell faculty, students, and staff have free, unlimited access to's online library of high-quality videos on the latest software tools and skills. 2,500 high quality, detailed online training courses for people at all experience levels are available.


Cornell University Library system is committed to providing equal access to individuals with disabilities.  The services provided include assistance accessing materials in the stacks, delivery of library materials, Assistive Technology Centers, modification of the short-term loan policy when necessary for equal access, and individual and group instruction on how to access materials online instead of using printed materials.
Link to Cornell University Library Disability Services

Access to Physical Education Courses and Recreational Services
Students who enter as freshmen, as well as some transfer students, must complete the Physical Education and swim test requirements for graduation. These requirements are supposed to be completed within the studentsí first year on campus. Courses offered through the Physical Education provide options for individuals at virtually all levels of physical ability. Staff members in the Physical Education office are experienced in working with individuals with disabilities to 1) identify appropriate courses among those being offered, 2) adapt existing courses, or 3) develop individualized programs that will meet the needs of students. For more information, see the Physical Education web site.

Recreational Services, a program within Athletics, offers additional opportunities for students to maintain or develop healthy bodies through exercise while they expand their minds through academics. Recreational Services includes the offerings of the Cornell Fitness Centers, Intramural Sports, the Helen Newman Bowling Center, Noyes Community Recreation Center and Helen Newman Hall Recreation Center.

Information, Referral, Training and Technical Assistance for and about Individuals with Disabilities
The Northeast ADA Center is part of a national network of centers which provide information, referrals, resources, and training on equal opportunity for people with disabilities and on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA. They serve businesses, employers, government entities, individuals with disabilities, and the media in New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. We also conduct research to help increase knowledge on best practices for the employment of people with disabilities.

201 Dolgen Hall
1-800 949-4232