Other Resources for Students with Disabilities (interview tips, how/when/if to disclose, employment rights)
To stay up to date with internships, scholarships, recruiting events, and other opportunities, please follow the SDS Facebook page.
New York Business Leadership Network and Our Ability Internships
Our Ability Connect has many businesses across New York State interested in employing people with disabilities in internships and entry-level positions, including: J.P. Morgan Chase, BMO, Barclays, AYCO – a Goldman Sachs Co., G&K Services, Turner Construction, National Grid, Thomson Reuters, SEFCU, Realty USA, Price Chopper, Southern Tier Brewing Co., HMS Host, MassMutual, SRI Fire Sprinkler, SUNY, Eli Lilly, Lawson Automotive, Camelot Printing and Merck.
Our Ability is creating a coalition of students/graduates with disabilities interested in beginning their career. Please visit the portal Our Ability Connect to register AND email Our Ability to start accessing these opportunities!
Lime Connect Internship Opportunities
- Applications are now open for the 2017 Goldman Sachs Diversity Cornerstones- open to current freshman and sophomore students. These Cornerstones are series of programs designed to provide exposure to the numerous career paths available in the financial services industry while honing skills to set yourself up for success.
- PwC is actively hiring for internships across the U.S. in tax finance markets, assurance core/PCS, Tax Core/PCS, and the Start Internship Program.
- More information is available on the Lime Connect website.
The AAAS Entry Point! Internship Program
Entry Point! is the signature program of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)'s Project on Science, Technology and Disability.
Here is what Entry Point! could offer:
- A 10-12 week, paid, summer internship experience for undergraduate and graduate students with disabilities, majoring in STEM fields.
- An opportunity to showcase skills and contribute to a research team.
- An AAAS-Employer partnership.
- A skills development and career mentoring program. A portal into a science or engineering career.
- 3.0 or better cumulative GPA
- Majoring in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, and Life Sciences (and some opportunities for Business majors)
- A documented disability
- A desire to pursue a STEM career
For more detailed inforamtion about the program and its requirements, please visit the Entrypoint website.
GettingHired partners with colleges and universities nationwide, to provide accessible employment resources for all students and graduates with disabilities, and connect them with hiring employers for internship and full-time positions. GettingHired, an Allegis Group Company, can connect you with inclusive employers who are:
- hiring for positions across all industries and locations
- looking for interns
- committed to creating a diverse workforce and hiring individuals with disabilities
- trained on disability etiquette, education, and accommodation requests
Create a free account today through gettinghired.com for the ability to search and apply for an unlimited number of jobs.
Cornell Career Opportunities
Students! Interested in learning more about pursuing career opportunities at Cornell University? The Recruitment and Employment Center can assist you with this. Learn about:
- Our award winning workplace.
- The types of employment opportunities available and the general skill sets required.
- How to navigate our online application process.
- Tips on getting noticed.
- Resources available to assist you in your employment search.
Please contact Davine Bey at email@example.com for information about our General Employment Session and to register for a one-on-one informational session with a recruiting staff member.
Note: The Recruitment and Employment Center does not provide job search assistance (resume critique, practice interviews, etc.). For these services please work with Cornell Career Services and the career offices of your undergraduate colleges or professional schools.
Career websites for persons with disabilities to post resumes and search for open positions:
- Careers & Community for People with Disabilities
- Career Opportunities For Students with Disabilities (COSD)
- The National Business & Disability Council's National Resume Database
Developed with the goal of bringing together top talent with disabilities and America's top employers in both the private and public sector. This service is provided free of charge to job seekers with disabilities and is open to applicants who have earned or are expected to earn a two or four year degree within the next six months or have completed equivalent technical training.
- Disability Disclosure and Interviewing Techniques For Persons with Disabilities from the Job Accommodation Network
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Fact Sheet for Job Applicants and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Practical Guide to Negotiating and Requesting Accommodations under the ADA